OUR BLOG HAS MOVED!

05 November 2010

Our Kids are the Best!

Of course, that's just my opinion.

But at this week's school assembly, they really did seem like the best. Nick was the only student in junior high who came in knowing how to read music and play an instrument. He's doing a good job with the trumpet and baritone. Olivia is the best reader in the school; she reached her A.R. (Accelerated Reader) goal not just once this quarter, but four times over! And Alex has come a long way since his days of being shy and nervous; he is a happy and confident little guy who can already write a few words!

I am so proud of my kids not just for being good students, but for adapting so easily, yet again, to a new country, culture and school.




Grade 2/3 sings a song

Nick on the baritone



The preschool performed a puppet show about Old McDonald's Farm
while the K/1 class sang the song - Alex is doing the part of the cow!

Everyone claps for Olivia, the most well-read student at the school!!

Nick must have found something funny

The music teacher introduces the preschoolers and what they're learning
(Alex is in the green shirt)



My beautiful girl












































1 comment:

Judy Wu said...

I was putting Jordan to be the other night and randomly ...
Jordan: Mom, do I have a friend named Alex?"
Me: "Hmmmm, I don't think so honey" wracking my brains, going throught lists of all his buddies and classmates ..
Jordan: No Mommy, my friend Alex, he came to our house
Me: I'm in trouble now ... think! ... "Ohhhh, yes honey, you do have a friend Alex, he was at our house ... He lives in Africa now."
J: "Africa! Where's that?"
M: "It's very far away, it's hot, kinda dusty like Arizona. He lives with his family there"
J: "But why Mom?"
M:"His Daddy and Mommy work there"
- silence -
J: "Mom?" then very importantly pronounced - "I have a friend named Alex that lives very very far away in Africa!"

you are thought of, remembered, called friend ... and yes ... your kids are the BEST!!