OUR BLOG HAS MOVED!

29 May 2010

6 More Days....

...and we will be back together as a family, and shouldn't have to be apart for a long, long time!  The kids will be done with school next week, and we'll all head to VA next Sunday.  Hard to believe Aaron only has 3 more weeks of French.  He is ready to be done but is getting anxious about passing his final exam. 

Nick and Olivia are wrapping up the school year with fun activities like field trips, field day, and final concerts.  Olivia just finished Book Week in 1st grade, where they shared favorite books, did a lot of reading, had a book swap, and on Friday, dressed as their favorite book character.  Olivia went as Laura Ingalls Wilder, decked out in a super cute costume made by Aunt Faye. 

Alex has been cruising around the driveway on his new "big wheel" bike and this weekend is getting his first taste of camping - he, Nick and Olivia are with Grandpa and Grandma T in Michigan.  They are enjoying Aunt Carol and Uncle Jerry's hospitality up at their place on Prairie Lake. I'm looking forward to the stories about how much fun they had, how dirty they got, and how many marshmallows they roasted! 

I am busy planning/shopping/organizing for some upcoming Big Events:  Olivia's 7th birthday party with a beach/luau theme, Natalie's first birthday, our trip to Yellowstone in July, and....oh yeah, that little move to Africa in LESS THAN 2 MONTHS!!!!

Phew, OK, I am not panicking just yet. But it is looming closer and I am trying to get my ducks in a row, making lists and looking for deals on things we need to ship overseas, wondering how much mouthwash, salsa, and baby items we go through in a year, things like that.  I've also been wondering how the kids will handle another move, wondering what our house will look like, hoping the 3rd-world-ness of the country isn't overwhelming, getting anxious about going back to work after 10 years, thinking of the things I'll miss here.....uh, maybe I am starting to panic a little bit. 

But! I keep telling myself, we've done this before. I can handle it.  And I am getting excited too, about meeting new people and starting a fun job.  Also, most importantly, we'll be together again, in our own house. It'll be good.

Cute baby picture of the week:

3 comments:

Denise said...

I stalk your blog every time I get online to see how it's going in IL/IN. Glad to see a posting and that all is well! Maybe we'll have to pencil in a Sam's run when you get back to VA :)

Talk soon ~ Denise

Bfiles said...

hi there, can't remember if I've posted or not on your blog so forgive if this is a repeat. I'm a candidate waiting for an A100 offer, also a former PCV who lived in Niger...so I understand somewhat what awaits you in Mauritania. I will really look forward to following your travels and adventures. Your children are darling, love that pic of the baby! Nothing cuter. Good luck getting it all done.

Bfiles said...

ps forgot to say, I'm linking to you.