This week, rather unexpectedly, we received our last big shipment from the US. This included about 30 boxes of whatever we had in Illinois/Indiana from January-July and could not fit in the air shipment: Natalie's new slide, the rest of the bikes and garage toys, our keyboard, the dollhouse, winter clothes, and, for some reason, about 20 bottles of shampoo (??). It also included $1200 worth of groceries that we had ordered from Walt's Food Center (http://www.waltsfoods.com/History.php ) back in June. So yesterday about 5pm I was once again hit with Stuff Overload. This feeling makes me want to run away and hide. Or drink alcohol. I stare at the boxes and all the stuff and just think, where are we going to put all this crap, and why do we need it anyway?
My dear housekeeper, who reuses a plastic ice cream container day after day to carry her lunch here, must think we're insane. Aaron used to tell me stories about the Saudi princes he did protection details for; they would travel with two airplanes - one for their people and one for their stuff. I made fun of those guys, but I'm not sure how I am any different.
The groceries all got put away (photos to follow) but the upstairs hall looks like the aftermath of a clothing factory explosion. It's just going to have to stay that way for a few days, because between work and kids activities and PTA and meals and laundry and blogging, I do not have time to deal with it.
![]() |
| Laundry room shelves crammed with necessities |
![]() |
| left side |
![]() |
| right side |
![]() |
| Kids in their school shirts; they wear these on Thursdays. I don't know why they're sideways; when I uploaded the pictures they were correctly rotated. Sometimes Blogger really irritates me. |
![]() |
| Natalie and her new slide! |
![]() |
| Cookies we bought here - you have to read the fine print under the cookie image |
![]() |
| Chips we bought here - Miaow Miaow brand?! |









1 comment:
Wow! you just need a cash register in the pantry and you can call it Tambrini Mini Mart! I'm glad Natalie is enjoying her slid. I remember trying to load that thing into my car at Ikea.
Take care! Auntie Hannah
Post a Comment