Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and Aaron's too, and it's a tough one to spend away from family. I was not really looking forward to our embassy Thanksgiving dinner, especially since my coworker and I were in charge of the planning, and I was nervous about how things would turn out. Then, the day before, we had to change the location of the whole party, and we had to scramble to make it all work. I was worried that people would not get the message in time about the location change. I was concerned that there would not be enough food for the 70 (!!) people who had RSVP'd. I was afraid it would be too hot, that no one would stick around for long, that the kids would be bored.
I did not need to be worried at all. It was a success! The day was warm but lovely, the location (our ambassador's backyard) was perfect, everyone ate and relaxed.....and best of all, the kids had a fantastic time. We set up a traditional Mauritanian tent just for them, complete with rugs, low tables and cushions all around.
I have SO many pictures I want to share and Blogger is not cooperating (again), so please follow this link to my Snapfish album:
No comments:
Post a Comment