Sometimes things all come together the way they're supposed to.
Since I am the only person working in my office this month, I had to put on the Easter event by myself. But I had plenty of helpers. With a couple quick emails, I had all kinds of volunteers: Five people offered to be the Easter bunny, one said he'd be happy to take picutres, and four were willing to be at the embassy at 7:30am on a Saturday to set up. The ambassador offered her beautiful yard and house staff for the event, and two people donated hams. My mom, aunt and sister all went shopping for me in the US and mailed plastic eggs, candy, toys and prizes here. Aaron and Nick were a HUGE help. All of this made it much easier to handle. Thank you everyone!! (I even got the weather I asked for: 75 and breezy)
There was an egg hunt, potluck brunch, a visit from the Easter Bunny, sack races, egg & spoon races, and a bonnet contest. I got so many nice compliments, and enjoyed myself too. The kids had a ball. I asked my Easter bunny to consider being Uncle Sam for the 4th of July...but he'll be on his honeymoon then. :D

in Nouakchott, owned by a French woman, and she never disappoints!
She tinted the water in all the vases different colors.
The hunt is on!
A dad finding eggs for his little guy
Me & Alexander
My sweet baby girl 
I wanted a nice picture of all the kids....argh!!! One of my biggest pet peeves is doing all the work to set up a picture (and I had an actual photographer there to take it), and then all the parents rush in to get a shot, and the kids don't know where to look. Let the photographer do his work first, people! It's hard enough to get kids standing still and smiling.












1 comment:
Miffy! Did you guys know that was my first rat's name?? When I got my first pet rat I named her Miffy. So weird right?! Haha. Love the pics Julie! Olivia and Natalie are adorable! Nick and Alex are so funny!
♥ you guys!
Post a Comment