OUR BLOG HAS MOVED!

18 September 2010

A Pirate's Life for Me

One-eyed Wanda and Merciless Morgan
Last night we went to our first-ever "murder mystery" party. It was a pirate theme and we were in the year 1688.  Aaron was the Governor of the town of Port Royal and I was his wife Juliana (how about that!). When I bought my Halloween costume last year, I never thought it would come in handy again, but it was perfect for this role. We had a great time and I thought I'd share some pictures. I know that more people took pictures, a lot more of me and my dress, but this is all the ended up on our camera.
All the players voted at the end and I was in second place for best costume and best performer. : )
Here we are, Governor Napier and his wife Juliana


Captain Redbeard, the Somali (!!) pirate
and an "extra pirate" with her little baby


 


The Governor compares notes with Sealegs Sam



More scheming pirates


Sharktooth Brandy and Antonia,
the daughterof the Governor

The governor enjoys a post-party drink
(how about those tights huh!?)



Buccaneer Bradshaw, the Commodore,
Thumbless Jacky, and Sealegs Sam
The Commodore and the Innkeeper
 
The Commodore took first place for "best dressed!"


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Argh! You two look like some mighty fine Pirate folk. By the looks of those photographs I would say you had a fine time drinking all that rum. I never thought Aaron would ever be sporting those fancy stockings. (that was written in my best "pirate" talk) Ahoy, Hannah

Jonathan said...

Looks fun! Julie, did you get your hair cut? It looks short in that picture or is it pulled back? CUTE!
Miss you!
Jennifer

Julie said...

Nope, my hair is just pulled back. Have not found a place to get it cut here yet. By the time I come home this summer it will actually be as long as it was on my Facebook picture!