After our good experiences going fishing at Banc d'Arguin national park, my friends and coworkers asked if I would organize an embassy outing there. We made the trip this past weekend with 24 people, including kids and drivers. While it was not the adventure I was hoping for (we did not, like last time, see any migratory birds, didn't catch fish and did not see a dolphin jumping over the waves), everyone enjoyed getting out of town and relaxing for the day. Riding an hour through sand dunes is also not something you do every day!! We had gorgeous weather and the beach was really peaceful.


I was so glad some of our local staff could join us also!


Olivia making Mauritanian tea...it has
lots of mint and sugar


I liked seeing some different scenery.... turns out
there are places in the country that are not flat!

I kind of forgot bathing suits for the kids.

We rented this tent for the day, complete with rugs and
matla cushions

The beach we were on is actually a campground. This is the office
and in the distance is the incredibly smelly outhouse. T.I.A.

We climbed up the embankment to catch some different views

Nick, Olivia (hellooo?), Alex and our friends' daughter Paige

This is a no-frills campground in the middle of
nowhere. For less than $4 per person, you can have your very own Mauritanian tent for 24 hours! Such a deal.

My friend Amanda and I (that's me on the left) just had to climb to the
highest point and see what was on the other side (more sand, dirt, rocks and shells).
We had a little trouble getting back down.

Some of our group escaping the sun for a while in the tent,
and enjoying Thioub's lamb and rice dish.

Alex is the biggest fan of Thioub's lamb and rice; he had 2 bowls!
2 comments:
OMG! Love the shot of You and I at the top of that "mountain" haha.. not so much liking the shot of me in the tent, all I'm sayin is payback... LOL! So glad we shared that adventure together! :)
So fun! Love the tent.
Post a Comment